Unlocking the Benefits of Tanning Beds During the Winter Months
An article that discusses the benefits of indoor tanning during the winter months, including boosted vitamin D levels, improved mood, maintained tan, relaxation, and reduced aches and pains.
When winter sets in, all we want to do is hunker down with a hot drink. But this can cause our health, mood and tan to suffer.
That’s where indoor tanning can help. Unbeknownst to many of us, tanning beds may actually provide multiple health benefits that can revitalise our body and mind throughout the colder months.
In this article, we’ll explore some advantages of sunbed tanning to beat the winter blues and to maintain your sun-kissed glow all year round.
5 Benefits of Tanning Beds During Winter Months
Did you know? Only 15 minutes on a sunbed equates to over two hours in natural sunlight.
In the bitter half of the year, this burst of UV light can be beneficial for multiple reasons, including:
- Boosts your vitamin D: Our vitamin D levels can become depleted in winter due to limited sunlight. Vitamin D is important for calcium and phosphorus absorption in the body, staving off osteoporosis and other ailments. Tanning beds may contribute towards getting this essential hit of vitamin D that you need to stay healthy.
- Improves your mood: Lack of light can lead to the winter blues and general lethargy for many. UV light has been found to help some people feel a lift in mood and energy. However, if you have diagnosed SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), you should always consult with your doctor for advice.
- Keeps your tan healthy: Not everyone can afford to jet off for some winter sun. For those who remain in the UK, your tan can suffer. But with regular visits to a tanning bed, you can keep this sun-kissed glow all year round, even in the depths of winter.
- Provides some relaxation: For many, tanning beds are a chance for relaxation and self-care, both of which are more valuable than ever when you’re feeling the drag of cold weather.
- Reduces aches and pains: A session on the tanning bed can ease muscle stiffness and aches, thanks to the combination of subtle heat and UV light.
Remember to stay safe and healthy when using a sunbed, and to always follow advice from the team at the tanning facility.
How do I start sunbed tanning?
Now you’ve heard the advantages of indoor tanning in winter, you might be wondering how you can get started. For some useful pointers, check out our previous articles on tanning bed tips for beginners and how to prepare for a tanning bed session.
Thanks to our modern facilities for sunbed tanning, Nottingham residents can benefit from one or multiple services at the Formula One Gym site, ranging from sunbed access all the way to personalised training and use of gym equipment. If you’re wondering whether you should tan before or after a workout, our dedicated article can help with that.
Looking for local Nottingham tanning through winter and beyond?
Here at Formula One Gym, you can enjoy sunbed tanning bed facilities that are open to all, along with a fully comprehensive gym if you fancy getting a workout in as well. This means you can stay fit, healthy and looking great, whatever the weather.
Get in touch to find out more about our welcoming facilities in Nottingham city centre.
Ready to start?
Book your induction
Fill out our form, and we’ll get in touch with you to book your free, no obligation induction.
All of our induction process is completely optional. If you’d rather do your own thing there’s no need to have an induction. Simply join and you can start working out straight away!Join Now